Manage Sales Invoice
This section will guide on how to manage a sales invoice across store.
Create an invoice after receive payment for an order. A sales invoice should include which items the customer purchased, how many of the items were purchased, any discounts received and the total amount owed.
There are different ways to create a sales invoice,
- Create Sales Invoice automatically when click Deliver & Create sales invoice from sales orders.
- The sales invoice is created from point of sale after the payment is received in pos receipts.
- Create a sales invoice from the sales. The Good issue button is clickable after creating the sales invoice, and the invoice is ready to ship.
- Create sales invoice using the reference number for the specific customers.
Generate an invoice for an order before print it. To view or print the PDF
The order created date will show in a created on the field.
This is a unique number for the invoice.
Update customer invoice status. Click Save after selecting the invoice status. Invoice Status helps to view all the invoice status like new order, payment pending, etc.,
Invoice Status Types
Created sale invoice comes under the new order. Indicates that order is created and no payment has been captured.
The seller should set the order to this status once the order has been shipped to the buyer.
A partial shipment is when deliver a single order in multiple shipments.
If the customer cancelled their order for any reason then time the order status is order cancelled.
O2VEND has the following pre-defined payment status - Pending payment and payment received.
Payment can be pending - the bank transfer or a credit/debit card payment and the transaction are being processed.
A payment received status updated when the payment is received via online or cash.
Due date on an invoice is to encourage customers to pay within a certain period of time.
The Customer total amount will show in an order total.
Create an invoice
Go to the Back Office, click Voucher and select the sales. Then Click Create Sales Invoice in the top right corner or use the shortcut key Alt+F8 easy to open the create sales invoice screen.
Enter the name of the customer and the contact information. This information will appear on sales invoices print.
Click + symbol, the address section will open. Update the customer address in this field.
Select any payment method cash or credit.
The seller or the admin receiving the full amount of cash from the buyer. Choose the invoice method name is cash in the Invoice field.
The seller or the admin received the partial or pending payment, choose the invoice method name is credit. This type of Invoice generally used against Online Payment through Payment Gateway. for example ( google pay, Paytm etc.. )
If selected the invoice method name is credit, the receipts tab will have appeared. If an online payment method was used for the order, choose payment method names like a bank or online payment and set Amount to the invoice.
Adjust the adavnce paid against the created invoice. Click adjust advance button enter the amount then click OK.
Select the warehouse of the products want to delivered. Shipment is created after click Save button. If not select none option.
Search the customer name who can want to placed invoice.
Click Alt+C - Create a customer at the customer section.
If select payment method name is credit, credit days will appeared. The credit days is the number of days that a customer is allowed to wait before paying an invoice.
Select the transport name like van, bus or auto etc.
Reference numbers are commonly used to identify items for a particular customer, admin can enter the reference number of incomplete or new orders for the specific customer.
Add the payment method customer paid for this orders.
The Goods issued items are displayed in this goods issue tab.
Entered order note are displayed in order note tab.
The updated order status are displayed in the order history tab.
Search the product customer want to buy. This field allows to add and edit the products. When adding the products it fills the product details in all the field.
Click Alt+C - Create a product at the product section.
Enter the minimum or maximum quantity of the product want to sell.
Units of Measure (UOM) are used to define the measurement of the items.
The product price is updated in this field. It allows to edit or change the price of the products.
Enter the discount amount on this field.
It shows the total amount of products. The total amount is reduced when the product has a discount.
Steps to Create Sales
- Click Create Sales button in the top right corner.
- Enter the customer name in the customer search box. The available customer list will show the search dropdown related on search.
- Select the customer name, then the customer-related information will fill automatically.
- After selecting the customer name enter to fill billing address, shipping address
- Select product name by entering the product name in a Product Name search box. The available product list will show the search dropdown related on search.
- Order Summary will show at the end of the page. Kindly check the Order summary before saving the order.
- Finally, Click the top right corner Save or click Ctrl+S button to create order.
To cancel the sales incoice, Click the Cancel button. Now click OK the invoice is cancelled and the invoice status is changed as cancelled. It has option to Reopen the cancelled invoice.
After creating the order, click Goods issue button goods issue section will open. Stock is reduced after creating the goods issue. Check the reduced stock in stock history and stock inventory.
How to goods issue products
- Click Goods Issue button.
- The product name, UOM, SKU and quantity of the product will be shown.
- Enter Tracking Number of the product. Tracking numbers are useful to customers for knowing now which location ordered product is there and when it will deliver to the customer.
- select Location (for more details on how to create location-location section).
- Enter quantity to ship(Some items need to ship).
- Quantity to ship cannot be larger than the order quantity and shipping quantity.
- The order of the product is the goods issued when click Save button.
- Enter the serial number and lot number for serial and lot enable products. Click key symbol to enter the serial number based on quantity.
- Serial numbers are individual identifying numbers for a specific product and a lot number is an identification number assigned to products indicating the batch.
- Click Print Challan button to print goods issued.
After goods issued the order status is updated Shipped.
After made changes in shipping method should change the status of the order in a History box. This will help to manage orders.
This section contains general information of the order like Order and customer information, address information, Payment and shipment method, order note, order status and order total.
How to view Sales Details
- Open Back Office
- Go to Voucher Menu.
- Click and open Sales section.
- View All sales List in the sales section.
- If double click Invoice Number it moves to the invoice details page.
- Click Close button to go order list page.
Edit Sales Detail
Edit order details for customer information and add the products.
How to edit sales details
- Open Back Office
- Go to Voucher Menu.
- Click and open Invoice section.
- View All invoice List in the invoice section.
- Double click Invoice Number it moves to the invoice details page.
- Edit customer information, enter customer name and add customer billing, shipping address.
- Edit or add products to enter a product name in a search by product name.
- Click download Invoice to download a invoice as a pdf.
If click Print to download the PDF Order. It includes the details of company name, company logo, Address, customer order details.
Use Export Orders and Export Orders With Order Lines options to export the report details into a comma-separated CSV file.