A journal entry is a record of the business transactions in the accounting books of a business. A properly documented journal entry consists of the correct date, amounts to be debited and credited, description of the transaction and a unique reference number.
How To Create Journal Entry
- Open Back Office.
- Go to Vouchers Menu.
- Click and open Journal section.
- Click Create Journal Button in the top right corner.
- Select the creditor and debitor name.
- If required, enter the details of transactions in the Narration field.
- Enter the total amount and click Enter the amount added below. Enter multiple debits and credits in next rows.
- Press Save button.