A Stock Summary Report is a document that provides a comprehensive overview of the current status of a business's inventory. This report typically includes information such as the quantity of each item in stock, the cost of each item, the total value of the inventory, and any items that are close to or have reached their minimum stock levels. The report is designed to help businesses manage their inventory more effectively and efficiently.
The need for a Stock Summary Report arises from the importance of having accurate and up-to-date information about a business's inventory. This information is critical for a number of reasons, including:
- Inventory Management: By having a clear and accurate picture of the inventory, businesses can make better decisions about when to order new stock, what items to order, and how much of each item to order.
- Financial Planning: The Stock Summary Report can be used to calculate the value of a business's inventory, which is an important component of a company's financial statements. This information is useful for making financial projections and planning for future investments.
- Cost Control: By monitoring the inventory levels, businesses can identify overstocked or slow-moving items, and take appropriate action to reduce costs.
- Customer Satisfaction: Having accurate inventory information helps businesses ensure that they have the products customers want, when they want them. This helps to improve customer satisfaction and increase repeat business.
The report is useful for identifying the products that have low stock levels and need to be reordered, and also to keep track of the products that are overstocked and taking up unnecessary space in the warehouse. It can also help in identifying any discrepancies between stock levels and inventory records. This report is useful for warehouse managers, inventory managers and people who are responsible for replenishing stock, it helps them to keep track of stock levels, identify and reorder items that are running low, and take appropriate action to ensure that inventory is always at the optimal level.
Product search is available to search the product name. See the list of products quantity in the stock summary.
It displays the list of products location. That the product has multiple location it shows all the location of the product.
It shows the total quantity and balance quantity of the product in the available location.
Unit Of Measure
Units of Measure (UOM) are used to define the measurement of the product. The product UOM also displays in the stock summary.
How to view the Stock Summary Report
- Open Back Office
- Click Reports Section or use shortcut key (Alt+R) the reports section willbe open.
- Click Stock Summary to view the report.
- The Stock Summary will be shown for the current date.
- Change Start Date and End Date.
- The report will be automatically refreshed with the values for new dates selected.
Use Export All and Export Current Page options to export the report details in to comma seperated CSV file.