A quote, also known as a quotation, is a document that provides a detailed breakdown of the cost of products or services to potential customers. It serves as an estimate of the cost of goods or services and helps customers make an informed decision before making a purchase.
With the help of a quote, potential customers can request a quotation to know the cost of the goods or services in advance, including the prices of all the items, applicable taxes and discounts. The quote is a valuable tool for business owners as it gives them the opportunity to present their products or services in a clear and detailed manner, and it also helps them to close sales more effectively.
In addition, quotes can be easily printed and saved as a pdf file for future reference, and it also allows customers to place orders directly from the quotation, clone the quotation for similar products or services and set an expiration date for the quotation. All of this is done to make the process easy and hassle-free.
A quotation includes the following elements:
- A detailed list of the items requested by a client or customer.
- Prices include all applicable taxes and discounts.
- Print and save the quotation as a pdf file.
- Create order from the quotation.
- Clone the quotation.
Steps to Create Quotation
- Navigate to the O2VEND back office.
- Select and open the Orders section.
- Click the Create Quotation button in the upper right corner.
- Type the customer's name into the customer search box.
- After selecting the customer's name, input the billing and shipping addresses.
- Enter the product name in the Product Name search box. The available product list will display on the search dropdown.
- Click the Save button in the upper right corner.